Tuesday 27 November, 2012 |
LED power supply and driver's circuit technology
LED power supply and drive circuit technology overview
1) voltage converting technology
Power is influencing the reliability of the high power LED 1w light source and an important part of adaptation must be made a key consideration. China's mains 220V AC LED light source is a semiconductor light source, usually low voltage DC power supply, which requires setting the AC-DC converter circuit to adapt to the LED 10w current drive characteristics of these lamps or external. Power choose the way to a variety of switching power supplies, high-frequency power supply, capacitor step-down rectifier power, according to the current stability, transient overshoot and security, and reliability required for different choices.
2) the life of the power supply and drive circuit and cost
The longevity of LED 30w , single LED life of up to 100,000 hours, but the application must match the power conversion circuit, so the overall life of the LED lighting apparatus must be taken into account from Integrated Photovoltaic applications. But on the lighting with LED, must be more than 100,000 hours to achieve matching requirements, the power and the life of the drive circuit, semiconductor lighting system so that it is no longer a bottleneck factors. While considering the long life and can not increase too much the cost of life and cost of the power supply and drive circuit is usually not more than one-third of the total cost of the lighting of LED 50w system in the early development of semiconductor lighting products, must balance power and The drive relationship between the life and the cost of the circuit.
3) the driver's programmable technology
LED used as a light source a significant feature is able to maintain its lumen efficiency, while in the low drive current conditions for RGB polymorph
Mixed light is white, by developing a hybrid control system for LED 100w digital RGB, enables users to adjust in any of a wide range of LED brightness, color and tone, giving a whole new visual enjoyment . In the urban landscape lighting applications, LED light source can be under microprocessor control different modes and change the dynamic effects of a night scene in the attitudes of the LED relative to other light sources has unique in this regard will be reflected competitive advantage.
4) the efficiency of the power supply and drive circuit
LED power supply and the drive circuit, requires both required for LED driver forward current close to the constant current output, and also to have a high conversion efficiency, the electro-optical conversion efficiency is an important factor of the semiconductor lighting, or lose LED The energy-saving advantages, approximately about 80%, the efficiency of the switching power supply of the current commercial power supply, and as a semiconductor lighting need to further improve the conversion efficiency.
Second, technology trends
1) the characteristics of LED flood lights developed a series of constant voltage constant current control electronics, integrated circuit technology to control the input current for each LED the best current value, making LED stable current, and highest flux output. Best able to control the size of the LED current LED driver circuit in the case of input voltage and ambient temperature, and other factors change.
2) LED drive circuit having intelligent control functions under the influence of various factors can be controlled at the level of the pre-designed, so that the load current of the LED. When the load current changes due to various factors, the primary control IC can be the load current through the control switch to return to the initial design value.
3) in the control circuit circuit design, to the centralized control, standard modular system scalability to the development of the three areas.
4) LED luminous efficiency and luminous flux limited circumstances, give full play to the characteristics of the LED strip lights color diversity, development and discoloration of the control circuit of LED lighting.
Industrial News for Monday 19 November, 2012
Recent Industrial News
Industrial News archive